It is now only one month until Boot Camp begins! I (Elsie Anne) have been reading Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret this week. I found this truth he spoke about prayer most encouraging as we petition the Lord for the final $3,000 of our project expense.
"It is a wonderful thing to be really one with a risen and exalted Saviour, to be a member of Christ! Think what it involved. Can Christ be rich and I poor? Can your right hand be rich and your left poor? or your head by well fed while your body starves? Again. think of its bearing on prayer. Could a bank clerk say to a customer, "It was only your hand, not you that wrote that check"; or "I cannot pay this sum to your hand, but only to yourself"? No more can your prayers or mine be discredited if offered in the name of Jesus (i.e., not for the sake of Jesus merely, but on the ground that we are His, His members) so long as we keep within the limits of Christ's credit - a tolerably wide limit! If we ask for anything unscriptural, or not in accordance with the will of God, Christ Himself could not do that. But 'if we ask anything according to His will ... we know that we have the petition we desired of Him.'" -Hudson Taylor
I have full assurance that each of you can be counted as "members of Christ", and so I ask you to leverage your position before the King of Kings on behalf of Leah and I. We rest in the promises of God, that He who has begun a good work in us will complete it. This week please pray for the following:
- That I (Elsie Anne) would have safe travel back home on Monday (May 14th).
- That I would easily fit back into home life for the few weeks I will be there, and that I will be a help to my dear Mother.
- That Leah and I would both be faithful in praying together as we prepare for boot camp.
- That Leah and I (and our entire family) would faithfully trust God to provide every last penny we need.
- That we would remain healthy in these last weeks before boot camp.
- And that the eight other members of our team (6 girls, 2 boys) would be strengthened and encouraged as they too prepare for the summer.
Blessings in Christ,
Elsie Anne & Leah
"And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You." -Psalm 39:7