Saturday, May 1, 2010

What to Pray For

Most of you know that I am preparing to leave for Africa in about two months. I sent this as an email to my "official" prayer partners, and am now sharing it with you so that you can pray for me as well. Thank you so much!

Dear Prayer Partners,

Thank you so much for praying for me as I prepare for this trip to Africa. The Lord has blessed me by providing some of my funds already, but I leave in less than 7 weeks and am still $3,000 short (not counting extra personal expenses like supplies and immunizations). Please pray for several things.

1. That the Lord would give me his all-surpassing peace as I prepare for this trip, and the confidence that he is sovereign and will provide for me.

2. That the Lord will provide the sufficient finances for my trip. Our God is a big God, and I want to ask you to pray that he will not only cover the $3,000 that I am lacking, but that he will also provide funds for all my personal expenses.

3. That the Lord will keep both me and my team safe and healthy as we travel to Zambia.

4. That we will efficiently work together as a team, and that we will grow in love for each other.

5. And finally that God would receive all the glory for all that is accomplished on this trip, and that we will give thanks in all things.

Again, thank you for your partnership in prayer. James 5:16 says that, "The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working."

In Christ Alone,
Miss Elsie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment