Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Leaning

It happened. A few nights ago I was praying before drifting off to sleep, and suddenly I realized that I will be unable to directly talk to my Mom for almost two months. I talk to my Mom every single day, sometimes for hours, and for two months I will have to be content with writing her letters that might never reach her. I can only trust that the Lord will be my strength, and my closest companion during this time. All that I need can be found in Him, may I not waste the great and precious resource of his unending love and presence.

What have I to dread, what have I to fear, leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near, leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment